Sunday, September 09, 2007

I thought I better....

do some sort of blog.

I haven't been around for a while, did you miss me ?



Firstly WP has spent a few days in hospital so I was at his bedside like the dutiful wife I am. He's home now (well at work at the moment) and feeling a lot better.

And so to the rant....


On his discharge notes there was a medication listed that he was to take every night. Great! No prescription, or medication for that night, just a note to get the pharmacist to call this certain DR(a cover DR) for the directions...

So the next morning I went to Walgreen's to get them to call which she did. Five O'clock I decided to call Walgreen's to ask if it was ready. No, the Dr had not bothered to call in, she suggested I call the hospital which I did.

They put me thought to the nurses station , who could not help me, firstly because they no longer had the notes and secondly that had never heard of this DR. They told me to call the DR's page number direct.

So I did.

Several minutes on hold listening to terrible music...

Finally this woman answers, I was polite, I explained the situation.

Woman" This number is for medical emergencies only"

Me" Oh, well this is the number listed on the discharge paper"

Woman snotty voice" Well DR Cannotbebothered has been on call all weekend"

(Like this is my problem how? maybe if the DR had bothered to stop and write a prescription I would not have to bother anyone)

Me (again) " This is the number on the notes and Walgreen's have already called this morning Re this matter"

Woman" The Dr will get to it"

Me (pissed off by this time) " Well Walgreen's close at 6 so its a bit late in the day now.
I hung up by this time if the woman had been in sight I would have probably grabber her by the throat and throttled her....

Day 2 without the required medication...

I go to Walgreen's again to get them to call, which they do in my presence.
(Of course its Labour day so again they are closing early)

5 o'clock and still no call from DR Cannotbebothered, of course I am not surprised in the slightest.

Tuesday: Day 3 without medication...

I call WP's regular Dr and have the medication within 3 hours.

Blasted Dr's!


******
For those of you who are interested,the stain came out of the carpet, I think because I acted fast. Firstly I mopped up the excess and then scrubbed the are with warm water and laundry detergent.


So I have done none of my X stitch, hardly any Gym(I went this morning).

I haven't heard anything from immigration, which is seriously stressing me out. I called the bank the other day to see if they had cashed the checks. No. This managed to stress me out more, to the point I am waking up with my teeth hurting from clenching my jaw in my sleep ( I do that when stressed out).

Oh joy.

Thats about it I think.

Labels: , , , , ,

Name: Pixie
Location:St Charles, MO,US

More about me..












  • Site design by Pixie
  • Powered by Blogger

  • Best viewed at a resolution of 1024 by 768 in Firefox.

Get FireFox
Get Firefox

Blog Counter