Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Chapter 1: She said- He said...

Today I am going to attempt not only to bring my blog up to date ( I know, it's been a while...) and try to visit as many people on my blogroll as I can even if its only to say "Hi"

Wish me luck.

I think this will be easier to make 3 separate posts.

Here goes.

Chapter 1 She said/ He said.



A few weeks back I applied for this job...

Administrative/Marketing Assistant


An exciting position that will allow you to use your creativity as well as your computer skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Applications. Web design and/or knowledge is a plus. Must be self starter and willing to work as a team.
This position will grow with the right person.
Hours will be 25 per week and work into full time approximately 90 days.

$10 per hour


I sent off a copy of me resume and got a call within an hour to go for an interview on the following Wednesday.....
Best of all its only 6 miles away from the house.


Wednesday- She said.

I arrive 20 minuets early, dressed up in my "professional attire" Okay so it was pants, a shirt & pointy shoes. which is dressed up when you have spent the last 3 years in Jeans or PJ's.
The lady who placed the ad seemed impressed I was so early and took me into her office. We hit it off right away and were soon discussing ways to market the companies home search webpage better.

This is what she said the job consisted of:

Creating a new Webpage banner.

Listing new home builds on the website- Contacting the actual builders to get specs, details etc.

General upkeep of the website.

Contacting Local real estate agents with a view to getting them to place their listings on site.

Contacting Various local businesses, from Fence builders to odd job men to sell ad space.

Contacting her current clients just to "check in" and give them updates.

Thinking of ways ( with her) to market their franchise in "Assist 2 Sell"

She put it across that generally I would be her personal assistant ( well thats how it came across to me anyway).

So nearly an hour later she informed me that she thought I would be perfect and that in her opinion she was 99.9% sure I had the job.

She did not say but I knew she had at least 2 more people to see after me ( I saw the list).

She would be in touch....

I don't hear anything for a few days, then I get an email saying she thought I would be a perfect fit for their company and could I go in again the following Friday for another interview with the VP of the company.

Okay fine ( remember this is not a huge company so a second interview is a little strange IMO)

Friday- He said.

I get their early again for my 9.30 appointment.
I wait around, various men come out of their offices and offer me coffee, which I decline.
She gets in around 9.40, we go into the VP's office and sit in the fancy leather chairs.
Hee looks a lot like the guy who hosts Deal or no deal.

We chat a little about interest rates etc ( I am trying to sound Not totally clueless knowledgeable here).

This is what he said the job consisted of:

Sitting up front at the high glass block reception desk. -not really the ideal height to type at ?

Take all incoming calls both for the real estate side and the broker side. -isn't that a receptionist?

Send out email blasts (mass emails) to everyone in their database.-In other words send spam to people ?

Prepare mass mailings to mail out. - Send junk mail to people ?

And that basically was about all the job consisted of in his view... Now I know I am not the brightest coin in the jar but is it just me or do they seem totally different jobs?

Added to that I asked about benefits and he told me they pay nothing towards employee health insurance but they do have in place a health care plan I could choose to pay into myself.


Anyway, I didn't feel he and I "clicked" at all really, or maybe it was just me.

He said they may have other candidates to see and they would have an answer by Friday (the 18th).
As I left the room I turned and asked him if he would be so kind as to let me know the outcome either way- He said he would.

I am still waiting....

Labels:

Name: Pixie
Location:St Charles, MO,US

More about me..












  • Site design by Pixie
  • Powered by Blogger

  • Best viewed at a resolution of 1024 by 768 in Firefox.

Get FireFox
Get Firefox

Blog Counter