Thursday, February 07, 2008

Quickie

Just a quick update:




I went in on Monday to sign the acceptance letter, the hourly pay was a pleasant surprise...
I have been given a start date of Feb 18th, providing my criminal background and drug tests come back ok- Which I am pretty sure they would.
They wanted to see my drivers license which of course I was still waiting for immigration to approve so I could not give them that number at the time. But I got the license the next day through the mail (permit of course), so I sent off a quick email to the lady in HR with the number.

One thing I noticed is the DL expires on the same day as my work permit- which is annoying because IF when I do pass my driving test I am going to have to re-new it before the year is out!

As for the parallel parking, I still have not attempted it because when the boys have had their days off the weather has been terrible.

I have to say though I doubt very much it will be WP showing me, he has the patience of an angry wasp...

His brother is not much better but because he and I are not married it works out just fine, he manages to hold any annoyance in.

We will see if anyone has time tomorrow....


One last thing I have a favour to ask...
I have discovered this new font which I love, to quote:
Calibri is a sans serif with soft rounded corners. It has a warm, friendly personality that isn't found in fonts like Arial and Helvetica. It is also the one typeface in the collection that is appropriate for use both in text sizes and larger headline sizes.

In Microsoft's promotional booklet, "Now Read This," Calibri's designer Lucas de Groot says, "Its proportions allow high impact in tightly set lines of big and small type alike."

He adds, "This font is suitable for documents, e-mail, Web design, and magazines."

Calibri set in regular, bold, or italic is a pleasure to read. The rounded corners create a smooth reading experience. As de Groot says, "The family has a generous width that makes reading easier by emphasizing the reading direction."




Well I am trying it out on one of my test sites and it works, but I read somewhere that it does not work for Mac users so if you have a Mac can you please look HERE and let me know if it looks the same as the picture below.



Even if you don't use Mac can you have a look what it looks like.

If it doesn't show for the majority then there is no point in using it!

Thanks a bunch, have a happy Thursday.
:)

Labels: , , , , ,

Name: Pixie
Location:St Charles, MO,US

More about me..












  • Site design by Pixie
  • Powered by Blogger

  • Best viewed at a resolution of 1024 by 768 in Firefox.

Get FireFox
Get Firefox

Blog Counter