Thursday, January 31, 2008

Look Out Workforce...

Here I come.



I got a job offer today!!!

Of course it depends on me passing a drug test and background check ( I think I should be ok there...)

I have to go into the office on Monday and sign the acceptance letter, tie up the loose ends and then I will be one of you.

Don't want to say too much about where it is/what it is because I am sure most companies would frown upon things like that.

So I will just say:
Its a large company.
Office based Mon- Fir.
Health insurance, vacations and all that good stuff.

I am so excited, but now the little nagging voices are starting, "What if I mess up" "What if I don't fit in and nobody likes me" " What if everyone dresses better/ looks better" "What if I cant do the job"

Enough already, I am going to think positive.Its going to be a culture shock thats for sure, no more slopping around in Jeans and a T-shirt or worse, PJ's all day.No more tennis shoes but real shoes, maybe with a heel.

And then there is all the cosmetics and hair brushing..not to mention the driving in rush hour.

Its going to be fun, Really! I will meet new people, have something to talk about other then what was on TV this morning or what the mail man delivered.


Talking about jobs, remember the first interview I went to the She said/He said? Well she emailed me the other day and said he had still not come to a decision (it's not like it was such a huge decision right ?),but would I still be interested in working from home (maybe an office meeting or two) helping her get the website side up and running by the end of Feb.

I said I would because I had not yet found a job, now I don't know what to do. I would feel bad saying no now because I said yes, but I don't know if I would have the time to put into it.
Its not like a blog design, it's a huge website with lots of scripts I am not familiar with and loads of data to be entered in.

I will wait until I hear from her again and then decide, perhaps I could just do some of it, the banner, move it over to the new domain etc?


I just looked out of the window and snow! OMG how will I ever drive in Ice and snow....

Well thats about it.

Have a great weekend and if you are in a bad weather area, stay warm, drive safe.

and if you are not...Lucky b*&%ers!

Labels: , , ,

Name: Pixie
Location:St Charles, MO,US

More about me..












  • Site design by Pixie
  • Powered by Blogger

  • Best viewed at a resolution of 1024 by 768 in Firefox.

Get FireFox
Get Firefox

Blog Counter