Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The one with the moans...



I have decided I need to be more assertive and stand up for myself, for too long I have been under the line of thinking that when you say "no" it means you are mean and unhelpful.

Case in point:

Exhibit A

Me on the phone to Walmart...

Walmart: Hello this is Walmart how may I help you ?
Me: yes I returned something 2 weeks ago and and want to know how long it takes for the money to be put back into my bank account,
Walmart: Hold on.

Ring ring ring ring ring

Walmart(same woman): Hello this is Walmart how may I help you ?
Me: yes I returned someth...
Walmart (cuts me off mid sentence): Hold.

Ring ring ring ring

Walmart(same woman): Hello this is Walmart how may I help you ?
Me: yes I returned .....
Walmart (cuts me off mid sentence): Hold.

Ring ring ring ring

Walmart(same woman): Hello this is Walmart how may I help you ?
Me: *sigh*yes I .....
Walmart (cuts me off mid sentence): Yes I am trying to put you through (really then why do you keep answering the dam phone?), they must have left for the day (it's 2.45pm).You will have to call back tomorrow.
Me: Thank....*phone call is cut off*.

Exhibit B

Wps Bro comes home walks into the bedroom and places a tenner on the desk in front of me...

WB: This is for laundry.
Me: Well I am not going to the bank (The machines take quarters) today ( I only walk to the bank when I want quarters for laundry- I have nother reason to walk all the way to the bank)...
WB: Well thats fine whenever you do...

He leaves the room and shuts the door.

Now dont get me wrong I have no objection to sorting out his stinky socks (I wear plastic bags on my hands Hee), I have no objection to washing it all, folding it and hanging it all up neatly in his room, but come on. He has transport, I dont. He has been to the mall this morning (where they have a change machine). He has been to the Gym (across the street from the bank), could he have not gotten quarters then ? I could have had it all done by now...

As it is I am going to give it him back and ask him to get some quarters and then I will do it, but it wont be until Saturday afternoon at the earliest (WP is off tomorrow & Friday so I am buggered if I am going to do it then)

This is just two examples of many I often find myself doing things for people because I dont want to seem mean if I say the N word.


I wonder if Pissy could come up with an online class to help me out.

*Of course this post was not written in a Bitchy, moany way at all...Honest. The fact is other then going to the gym I have nothing else to blog about today!

Labels:

Name: Pixie
Location:St Charles, MO,US

More about me..












  • Site design by Pixie
  • Powered by Blogger

  • Best viewed at a resolution of 1024 by 768 in Firefox.

Get FireFox
Get Firefox

Blog Counter